Michelle maintained Chapel Hill Acupuncture for 12 years and took a sabbatical in July & August 2022 to work on courses on auriculotherapy (ear reflexology), and complete writing for an online herbal academy.
She is currently working out of a yoga studio in south Durham until more permanent digs can be located. The studio is equipped with acupuncture supplies, table, heat lamp and many comfort measures such as bolsters, pillows, and music.
Michelle is a specialty practitioner and treats primarily those health issues for which she has spent more time treating, as well as completing advanced training. You may click on the links for more explanation of her training and experience in these specialties.
- Orofacial pain to include TMJ, Trigeminal Neuralgia, and neurovascular disorders of the face, jaw, and neck
- Women’s Health to include menopausal syndrome, infertility, dysmenorrhea, and related endocrine imbalances
- Orthopedic disorders of the neck and head, shoulders and hips
- Thyroid imbalances and related disorders such as fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue
- Auto-immune dysfunction with the goal of providing support to reduce the symptoms and slow the progress of tissue destruction. Some examples are Systemic Lupus Erythematous and Metabolic Syndrome.
- Facial rejuvenation treatments aim to reduce sagging and fine lines and promote collagen formation.
Michelle is a strong proponent of herbal medicine and provides free consultations with acupuncture treatment. These can also be conducted as a separate service in person or via Skype, Facetime, Zoom, or by phone.
how to book
To book a new or follow-up appointment online, use the Book Now button below.
A calendar will appear offering all available options. You may add special notes or information, such as the chief complaint and reason for the visit. An interview will be part of the first visit as well to cover all important health history and current symptoms. Choose “Initial Appointment” if you are a new patient.
Once you click the button you will see a menu. Regular services and all Specials currently featured are listed.
For new patients:
After booking an appointment, return to the website and complete the “Intake Form” – on the menu and on Home Page.
Current Specials for New & Returning Patients
The holiday season is upon us! Give the gift of healing touch to someone you love.
Initial Acupuncture (includes intake and treatment, 75 minute service) gift certificates for anyone who has completed at least one treatment are available for $85 ($20 off).
after booking, complete the intake form
All information entered in this form is confidential. Once you click Submit, the form is sent to a HIPAA-compliant portal and is read solely by the practitioner.
Instructions: Required fields are asterisked *. You may skip questions that do not apply. After completing a section click "Next" to continue. You may need to scroll up to find the next section on your computer or phone. After the last page Mandatory Disclosure, please type your name and click "Submit."