Michelle is a board-certified and NC-licensed practitioner of Traditional Chinese medicine. Her experience includes teaching massage therapy in Denver, working with UNC Dental Faculty practice as an acupuncturist for 6 years, and operating a private practice for over 12 years.
The practice location is downtown Carrboro. Relax, unwind, and receive treatment in a healing environment. Each session is tailored to the individual and a treatment plan is provided after the initial appointment. The first session takes between 90-120 minutes and includes intake and treatment.
Treatments & Consultations
Michelle is a specialty practitioner and treats primarily those health issues she has focused on throughout her years of practice and advanced training. The specialties are listed below. Click on the links to read clinical cases, search for answers to your questions, and find out how TCM works. The Blog page (linked on the header) also provides information that may help navigate your questions or concerns.
Click on the highlighted text to read more about each specialty
Use the link for Contact Form if you would like to have a free consultation before booking an appointment
- Orofacial pain to include TMJ, Trigeminal Neuralgia, and neurovascular disorders of the face, jaw, and neck.
- Muscle and Joint pain or dysfunction of the back, neck, head, shoulders, and hips.
- Migraines and headaches due to hormonal imbalance, stress, soft tissue changes, and/or immune system.
- Auto-immune dysfunction with the goal of providing support to reduce the symptoms and slow the progress of tissue destruction. Some examples are Systemic Lupus Erythematous and Metabolic Syndrome. This also includes sequelae of viral illness, such as long Covid. Thyroid issues may be caused by immune system dysregulation.
- Facial rejuvenation treatments aim to reduce sagging and fine lines and promote collagen formation. This all-natural and non-invasive skin care treatment provides changes in texture and appearance.
- Women’s Health for perimenopause and menopausal syndromes, fibroids, pelvic pain, dysmenorrhea, and related endocrine imbalances.
Michelle is a strong proponent of herbal medicine and provides free consultations with acupuncture treatment. These can also be conducted as a separate service in person or via Skype, Facetime, Zoom, or by phone.
Ear reflexology for massage therapists is a course offered for massage therapists interested to learn how to incorporate this modality in their practice.
how to book
To book a new or follow-up appointment online, use the Book Appointment button below.
A calendar will appear offering all available options. You may add special notes or information, such as the chief complaint and reason for the visit. An interview will be part of the first visit as well to cover all important health history and current symptoms. Choose “Initial Appointment” if you are a new patient.
To learn more about services, click on tab “Services”
Once you click the button you will see a menu. Service descriptions are listed. You may pre-pay if you wish or scroll down and “Skip” to book and pay later.
For new patients:
After booking an appointment, return to the website and complete the “Intake Form.”
after booking, complete the intake form
All information entered in this form is confidential. Once you click Submit, the form is sent to a HIPAA-compliant portal and is read solely by the practitioner.
Instructions: Required fields are asterisked *. You may skip questions that do not apply. After completing a section click "Next" to continue. You may need to scroll up to find the next section on your computer or phone. After the last page Mandatory Disclosure, please type your name and click "Submit."