It’s hard to put into words just how effective acupuncture and herbal medicine truly are for women’s health. There are literally hundreds of volumes written by experts on the use of acupuncture and herbal formulas for every stage of women’s development from puberty to menopause and into old age.
Some of the ways in which Asian medicine supports women’s health include:
- menstrual issues such as heavy bleeding, dysmenorrhea, and amenorrhea
- resolving issues of menopause such as anxiety, insomnia, and dryness
- regulating the cycle to promote fertility
- balancing hormones to reduce the incidence of clots and cysts
- promoting lactation, or slowing the production of breast milk
- reducing menstrual-related headaches or migraine
There are many more issues related to women’s health that are very effectively treated with Asian medicine modalities.